Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Outlawed Offroad.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    all ok in Bayport except for hundreds of downed trees, powerlines and a lot of storm surge and flooding. My house had no issues, never lost power either. I spent all Sunday morning on water rescue duty with the FD keeping all the crowds away from the water...bay looked like the ocean on a rough day.

Anyone know status of the outer beaches and 4x4 access?
    Tom
    2010 Jeep Wrangler

All good in kings park. No power and no work though.
    [_] [][] [] [][] [_] 96' Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 265,000 miles 2" BB and still going strong.

Irene may be in the history books, but her wrath is still being felt... do to some possible flooding from the Hudson River, we may have to evacuate. Waiting on the word if we have to or not yet. I hope we dont, but will do what must be done if the word comes down.
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (My DD)
    2006 Mongoose XR-75 Mountian Bike (Toy)
    2010 Kia Sedona (Girlfriends DD)

My new company: Burdek and Son's
    No longer with me:
    2002 Durango, 1996 XJ, 1998 XJ
    "The Beast" 00 XJ RIP

i heard heckscher beaches are severely eroded. still no power over here in huntington. ive been told by friday.... my father has no power in coram nor middle island

Administrator
    Woooooooooosh finally back up and running with everything.. 36+ hours of no power, lost the majority of the fridges contents, chimney cap blew off (but i went out in the storm to retrieve cause i was bored.. and maybe slightly stupid).. lots of branches but the neighborhood all got together and dragged everything out to the main street and mowed/cleaned up the area.

All in all not a big deal. But now instead of a busy Monday.. I have a hectic Tuesday playing catch-up from a lost day of work.

Got a flyer from Mangano yesterday.. About Hurricane Readiness.. Way to go on the timing there buddy And 4th District Carolyn McCarthy was NOWHERE to be seen or heard.. Unless you were on her private e-mail list, telling you to get out.. Nice work by the useless politician scabs... Might be time for Steve to run for office and use the power of the people to take over a seat.

with the 4x4 community behind you, you know you could do it. I say go for it and take the waste of space politicians to the remote woods and leave them to their own fate.
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (My DD)
    2006 Mongoose XR-75 Mountian Bike (Toy)
    2010 Kia Sedona (Girlfriends DD)

My new company: Burdek and Son's
    No longer with me:
    2002 Durango, 1996 XJ, 1998 XJ
    "The Beast" 00 XJ RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Woooooooooosh finally back up and running with everything.. 36+ hours of no power, lost the majority of the fridges contents, chimney cap blew off (but i went out in the storm to retrieve cause i was bored.. and maybe slightly stupid).. lots of branches but the neighborhood all got together and dragged everything out to the main street and mowed/cleaned up the area.

All in all not a big deal. But now instead of a busy Monday.. I have a hectic Tuesday playing catch-up from a lost day of work.

Got a flyer from Mangano yesterday.. About Hurricane Readiness.. Way to go on the timing there buddy And 4th District Carolyn McCarthy was NOWHERE to be seen or heard.. Unless you were on her private e-mail list, telling you to get out.. Nice work by the useless politician scabs... Might be time for Steve to run for office and use the power of the people to take over a seat.
    Good to have you back.
    JUMPIN JEEP!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A8wP...layer_embedded

FACEBOOK
    https://www.facebook.com/goonies.nsd?ref=tn_tnmn

99 Cherokee XJ
    http://www.outlawedoffroad.com/showt...ot-99-XJ-build

88 Comanche MJ
    http://www.outlawedoffroad.com/showthread.php/2167-Goonies-88-Comanche-MJ-Build

Glad to have you back, Steve. I was starting to get worried about you.

Administrator
    When power goes out I really don't mind. It was a nice break from the beeps and bloops of a modern society..

Wife wasn't thrilled about it, but we went to places with power for food, our Dads in town had power, etc. Long day of gardening / cleanup yesterday and all looks like it was.. Basement got about a shot glass of water from where the broken AC unit in my wifes office dripped some sideways water in the wall and onto the foundation but it's cleaned up and the dehumidifier is under the area doing what it does best

I was having problems with AT&T so logging on with Tapatalk to the site wasn't working.. I think it was overloaded by people.

It was like it never happened on my block ( well for me and the guy across the street) everyone one else on the block still has no power. No trees down, no mess to clean up. ound: