Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Outlawed Offroad.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Possibly telling the fire department to piss off

I may even include this as my going away present.

Its not complete yet, I still need to add appropriate names and clean it up.

William Evers
    15 Hawthorne Ave
    West Babylon, NY 11704

West Babylon Fire Department
    Chief’s Office:
    126 Arnold Avenue
    West Babylon, NY 11704

I would like to explain why I am withdrawing my application to join the West Babylon Fire Department. I thought that joining the fire department would allow me to serve my community, learn a new skillset, and eventually become a leader for other to emulate. I expected an atmosphere of professionalism, trustworthiness, and camaraderie. Instead, I experienced an atmosphere of hostility, personal vendettas, and revenge. I expected to be joining a family of brothers where each acted to protect the best interest of the others and where personal issues were put aside when it was time to be called upon for service. Instead, I realized that I was joining an association where personal issues get in the way of ensuring the safety of members of both the fire department and surrounding community. Unfortunately, I experienced the well-being of the local community would be jeopardized by inter-company quarrel and revenge.

On August 21, 2012 I was reporting for regularly scheduled drill. As we were discussing tools and fixtures on the engine, the department received a call for a gas leak. As members arrived for the call, the captain of company 1 asked two members who were getting on 15 if one of them could ride on 1 so both trucks could have sufficient crews. The members of company 3 who were going onto 15, refused to ride 1. One said that his officer ordered him not to. Neither member would help; even though, holding a truck back from responding to a call puts all first responders, plus the community at an increased risk of danger.

After we returned to the firehouse, a member was showing us nozzles, fittings, and tools when I heard someone yelling and threatening another member. What I saw, was someone who I think is the captain of company 3 yelling in the face of the captain of company 1. This person was yelling in a threating and violent manner. He was calling the captain of company 1 inappropriate and insulting names, telling him physical violence should be used against him, and threatened to get him removed from his position. Other members were getting in between this man and Rob Wrenn to try to keep the man from becoming physically violent. In his fit of rage, this person then came to me pointing with his finger and making false accusations. He yelled that I was going to be expelled before even getting into the fire department for “riding the truck”. I applied to become a volunteer firefighter in April, and have never ridden in the truck. In fact, every time we had drill, I used my personal vehicle to follow the engine to its destination. This willingness make false accusations shows me that the leaders of the West Babylon Fire Department are driven by revenge, even if it requires deception and dishonesty. If their focus was on protecting and serving the community, it would find ways to attract and retain members; however, I saw it looking for reasons to reduce the amount of members.

I expected the leadership team of the West Babylon Fire Department to be focused on helping the local community. I expected there to be an atmosphere of cohesion, respect and trust. From my point of view, the captain of company 1 tried to diffuse the situation professionally by asking the person who was yelling, to sit with him and talk before things escalated. The person yelling refused, called the captain of company 1 more inappropriate names and had to be pushed back by other members, before the confrontation turned physical. After being separated, this man stayed near his truck yelling insults about company 1, continuing to make these false accusations about me riding on the truck, and stating that he personally and purposely ordered the two members to not ride with company 1.

If I commit to join the West Babylon Fire Department, I would surely make mistakes as any new member would. I will not join knowing that it is the goal of department leaders to see me fail, suspended, or expelled. I was joining to provide a service to my community, to learn and eventually to lead. I did not know that this so called “brotherhood” is fueled by anger, conflict, and revenge. I never expected personal disputes to escalate into someone lying to sabotage a company’s membership. It’s disappointing that firefighters cannot be trusted to protect each other and that during a call, personal issues get in the way of protecting each other, as well as the members of the local community.

As a life-long resident of West Babylon, I am disappointed in the conduct of someone on the Fire Department’s leadership team. Stating that he was acting unprofessionally is not enough to describe the magnitude of his rage, aggressiveness and violent demeanor. I find it unacceptable for the leadership of the fire department to let inter-company feuds get in the way of providing service to the people of West Babylon.
    97 grand cherokee

▄▄▄
    =====@@@@
    //___l__,\____\,_
    l_---\___l---[]IIIIII[]
    (•)_)--o(•)_)--O-)_)

My ZJ Build

OO July 2011 4x4otm
    Wanted: zj 5.9 grille

very respectful and well written
    never knew u could read

Administrator
    lol W... yeah it was a good letter and makes clear points.

shame it's like that.

What a fucking mess - nice letter Will
    And yep even adults act like children and put there politics before good

i hate fireman, lol. sorry had to say it. well 90% of them anyway. i have some friends that are fireman....and i hate them too as a matter of fact. j/k

am i the only one that throws the donation letter in the mail straight to the trash??? doubt it. i know, i know, if you dont donate they will drive really slow to your house when its on fire. bs

Yea, im disgsuted with their conduct to say the least.
    97 grand cherokee

▄▄▄
    =====@@@@
    //___l__,\____\,_
    l_---\___l---[]IIIIII[]
    (•)_)--o(•)_)--O-)_)

My ZJ Build

OO July 2011 4x4otm
    Wanted: zj 5.9 grille

Administrator
    I know a lot of the guys here in Oceanside and my neighbor is the former Chief. So this block is on high alert coverage lol but they're all nice guys. I think it's you are either "in the group" or not with those guys so being on the outside looking in is like being in the Red Light District with only enough money for weed or whores, and you're already toking...

<--- More child than adult.

The Commanders have some seriously sensitive parts for being "trail certified."

Quote Originally Posted by HuLuD44 View Post
    He picked up a new hub yesterday and BermB put it in for him cause I had something to do. All is well. its pretty crazy cause when I pressed in the new studs the first time the hub seemed in perfect condition. I guess it doesnt take much to throw that sensor off. They banged him $180 for the new hub! Damn new jeeps.... hahha but t least hes back in for Rausch this weekend!
    If I had to spend 180 bucks on a new hub I wouldn't even dare to wheel it and find out what other little things can break and cost a crap load lol
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Factory armor + Recovery gear, CB + PA,
    Lifted 4.5 inches, locked front D30, LSD Trussed Ford 8.8 Rear, 4.10 gears

[__] [][][][][][][] [__]

Quote Originally Posted by mygrayzj View Post
    If I had to spend 180 bucks on a new hub I wouldn't even dare to wheel it and find out what other little things can break and cost a crap load lol
    It's not like you haven't spent a crap load on other things already.

Sent via smoke signals
    It's a Bronco thing........95 Bronco--6" Lift--37's--Hefty Fab Front bumper--BroncoAir rear bumper--SAS in the works

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast