Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Outlawed Offroad.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bar owners suck!

Just had another gig canceled at the same bar for the second time. The first time they said they made a mistake and forgot they had a volleyball tournament. And this time they flat out canceled the rest of the summer because they've decided to go with DJ's. Now I understand that they may want DJ's instead of live music. But you don't make that call in the middle of the summer when we were booked to play there 4 months ago. And you don't do it 4 days before the gig (which is what they did last time as well). That's just BS. We can't even fill those dates because it's to late in the season. And even if we could, it will be a places that pay much less (which would be why they have openings). Which also means those places suck. Now we're out nearly 3k plus advertising. Sorry to bitch about it here, but I'm just pissed off. So please, nobody go to the Sloppy Tuna in Montauk! Their a bunch of a**holes.
    [_] [][] [] [][] [_] 96' Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 265,000 miles 2" BB and still going strong.

Your in a band? What kind of music? I'm a DJ (just a small side business). I know the feeling, been double booked before, that's the sign of a poor manager. I've been djing the same bar for about a year. Our first night with the gig he double booked us but we were so early to the gig we talked him into canceling the other DJ. We've also gotten calls from him asking us to DJ with only a few hours notice a couple times. We did it but wanted more money and got it. One time we went straight from a wedding to the bar with only an hour between gigs. It's shows an unorganized manager and a bar that will keep having that recurring problem. Probably for the best if you cut ties. We overstayed our welcome and now need an exit strategy.

I know a couple bars that a constantly looking for live music. Hit me up. I'm out in MTK alot and I'll avoid the tuna.

Sorry to hear bout your gig... probably best to turn them down if they call you
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (My DD)
    2006 Mongoose XR-75 Mountian Bike (Toy)
    2010 Kia Sedona (Girlfriends DD)

My new company: Burdek and Son's
    No longer with me:
    2002 Durango, 1996 XJ, 1998 XJ
    "The Beast" 00 XJ RIP

3K to play at a bar? Do you need a bass player?

That blows, never been to that place.
    72 Bronco sport, 35/12.5 15, 5.5 BCB lift... Nope it's not a Jeep...
    :tongue:close ratio sterring sys, locked front 44/ chrome moly shafts, Rancho adjustables up front
    69 351w, Edelbrock intake & offroad carb, DUI, Alumin Rad, stock 3onthe tree, LUK clutch
    Mile marker sec 8 winch, 23 gallon gas tank, custom made rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bum View Post
    Your in a band? What kind of music?
    I know a couple bars that a constantly looking for live music. Hit me up. I'm out in MTK alot and I'll avoid the tuna.
    Mostly Singer/songwriter stuff. But it depends on who where playing with. My singer ,Alyson Faith, has a great voice and can go from doing Adele to Janis to Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
    3K to play at a bar? Do you need a bass player?
    Not for one gig. Damn that would be good money. That's for the 3 we got screwed out of.

What kind of music do you play? Maybe you can come and sit in some time.
    [_] [][] [] [][] [_] 96' Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 265,000 miles 2" BB and still going strong.

By the way, Playing at lefty's in lindenhurst on Friday and then out at M J Dowlings in Sag Harbor Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugulis View Post
    By the way, Playing at lefty's in lindenhurst on Friday and then out at M J Dowlings in Sag Harbor Saturday night.
    This sat night? Thats next door to me
    :tongue:close ratio sterring sys, locked front 44/ chrome moly shafts, Rancho adjustables up front
    69 351w, Edelbrock intake & offroad carb, DUI, Alumin Rad, stock 3onthe tree, LUK clutch

Quote Originally Posted by orangecrush4u View Post
    This sat night? Thats next door to me
    Yup. Saturday at M.J. Dowlings in Sag Harbor at 10pm. Don't know if you've been there before, but the place has really good food!

Went there the night of winter fest and had some apps they were good.